Relative to its core responsibilities, the SVGBS presently offers the below indicated services.
- Standardization: The preparation and declaration of National Standards and Code of Practices - documented agreements containing technical specifications or other precise criteria to be used consistently as rules, guidelines or definitions of characteristics, to ensure that goods, services, practices and process are fit for their purpose.
Related Links: National Standards | SVGBS Brochure | Standards Brochure | Fees for St. Vincent and the Grenadines National Standards and Codes of Practices
- Conformity Assessment/Compliance: procedure by which an independent and competent body give written assurance that a product conforms to specific requirements which are contained in National Standards. The conformity assessment also includes monitoring and inspection as well as the handling of consumers' complaints.
Related Links: Conformity Brochure
- Certification - (label/product/process/practice): certificates bearing the Bureau's standards mark and seal conforming that goods, services etc consistently comply with standards for quality, safety, reliability or performance.
Related Links: Fees for Certification Services
- Technical Assistance (and other information): provide guidance and other non-financial technical assistance to the general public and to manufacturers/processors in particular on all areas of standards concerns as well as to provide on new and revised international, regional and local standards and other standards related matters that may in one way or another affect our safety, health, environment and/or the economy.
- Metrology Services Weights and Measures form part of the subject of metrology and are intrinsically linked to trade practices. The new Weights and Measures Act No. 16 of 2003 , gives the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Bureau of Standards the legal responsibility for the verification of all weighing and measuring devices use for trade in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Related Links: Metrology Services Brochure | Weights and Measures Activities
- Laboratory Services: the SVGBS laboratories are constantly evolving to meet the growing needs of it many stakeholders. These services includes:
- Food Analysis – proteins, fats, moisture, fibre, water , etc.
- Chemical Testing – chemical composition, refractive index, o Brix, alcohol, conductivity, pH, refractive Index;
- Microbiological Testing – coliform, yeast, moulds, total bacterial load etc
- Food Analysis – moisture, fibre, ash, etc.
- Environmental Monitoring – indoor air quality, swabs, water quality etc
- Package Testing – drop, shock, bounce, shelf life, etc